37 Types of Foods That Can Lower High Cholesterol with Super Fast - WHAT is cholesterol? The word cholesterol is considered a scourge and should be avoided. Cholesterol is a complex compound that the body produces in the liver, and the rest from the outside of the body as in a nutrient that is beneficial to the body.
Cholesterol is 2 (two) kinds, namely:
- LDL (low density lipoprotein) is called bad cholesterol that is harmful to the body and should be avoided,
- HDL: high density lipoprotein that prevents bad cholesterol from settling and not harming the body.
Cholesterol-lowering foods Bad cholesterol is the cause of atherosclerosis is calcification and hardening of blood vessel wall. Hardening of blood vessels, especially coronary arteries, becomes narrow and blocks the flow of blood flowing in them. This increases the risk of coronary heart disease (CHD).
But cholesterol is needed by humans as well to build cell walls and make hormones. Cholesterol is also an important component for making bile acids, steroid hormones and vitamin D.
Normal cholesterol is <200 mg / dl for total cholesterol, <100 mg / dl for bad cholesterol (LDL, the type that can clog arteries) and levels> 50 mg / dl for good levels (HDL-type that helps cleanse fat from the blood) .
Foods To Increase HDL
Patients should keep HDL high, because it is associated with low risk of heart disease.
- Wheat / oatmeal porridge. Wheat / Oatmeal contains high fiber which can reduce the level of bad cholesterol in the body. High fibers are also found in red beans, bananas, apples, pears and prunes. This fiber will reduce the absorption of cholesterol in the bloodstream so that no buildup occurs.
- Yogurt. These foods are fat-free, and rich in protein, calcium, microorganisms (Lactoballius sp) that help lower high cholesterol.
- Chocolate. Chocolate is a food for snacks, and contains antioxidants and flavonoids that are useful for lowering cholesterol. Chocolate will also release stress or body tension.
- Foods that are Refined / Enriched with Sterol and Stanol. Foods fortified with sterols or stanols (substances in plants that help with the absorption of cholesterol) include margarine, orange juice, or yoghurt.
- Nuts. Eat more nuts and reduce potatoes. Carbohydrates in potatoes will raise blood sugar levels. While nuts will have lots of fiber and slightly increase sugar levels.
- Regular exercise (jogging, healthy walking, cycling, and more). Regular physical activity each day can help lower LDL cholesterol and increase HDL. Exercise will also reduce the chance of arterial clogging.
High Cholesterol-lowering Foods
In addition, we choose the following 12 (twelve) foodstuffs and vegetables to have a useful use for bad cholesterol-lowering (LDL). Are as follows.
- Brown rice. Brown rice contains Vitamin B, selenium, magnesium and phytonutrients. Brown rice can be used to lower blood fat levels. High fiber content in brown rice will also help lower blood sugar.
- Wheat. Wheat is a nutritious cereal as a cholesterol-lowering, blood triglyceride, and regulates blood sugar levels. Cholesterol levels in the blood can be lowered by eating wheat. Wheat can be found in buns made from wheat.
- Spinach. This forage contains lutein substances that are useful for eye health. In addition spinach also serves as a protector of heart health and protects the heart from the fat that is in the blood vessels. Spinach is a vegetable that lowers cholesterol levels in the body. Spinach can be cooked as a soup, or made juice. It is recommended to eat a bowl of spinach soup or a glass of juice every day, in addition to cholesterol, spinach is also a powerful high blood-lowering food.
- It contains high antioxidants and is known as a plant that is able to reduce the risk of heart disease, and to prevent oxidation of LDL. Celery can be eaten in the form of soup, or stir-fry, or it can be in a juice bowl.
- Bean. Beans are low-fat vegetables (contains polyunsaturated fats) and are a source of carbohydrates needed for diabetics or insulin resistance. Juice of beans about one glass each day will help lower LDL, triggers and cholesterol.
- Soy. Soy and other processed foods such as soy flour, nuggets, and soy milk are potent cholesterol-lowering foods. Soy contains isoflavin which serves to suppress bad cholesterol (LDL) so as not to thrive. Foods made from soy should not be cooked with regular oil, replace with olive oil.
- Garlic. Garlic has a positive effect on heart health and lowers high cholesterol. Consumption of garlic can be through a mixture of salads or spices in the diet.
- Nuts. Nuts such as cashews, almonds, walnuts, or vegetables (long bean vegetables for example) have a polyunsaturated fatty acid content that is good for blood vessels and lowers cholesterol. Long beans will contain lots of fiber that slows down the rate and amount of cholesterol absorption in the diet. Types of nuts (such as Mede nuts, Walnut nuts, Hazelnut nuts) are rich in Vitamin E, magnesium, and phytochemicals that are useful for heart health. Be careful not to eat nuts that have been given salt and sugar. Regular consumption of nuts will lower cholesterol levels.
- Hazelnut Nuts. Often combined as the content of chocolate, it is distinctive and savory. Hazelnut nuts have monosaturated fats that have the power to lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of coronary artery disease.
- Sunflower seed. Including cholesterol-lowering foods because it contains sterols that will lower cholesterol levels are high.
- Omega Fish 3. Fish that contain omega-3 fatty acids such as mackerel, sardines, tuna, trout, mackerel, and salmon will lower bad cholesterol. Omega 3 is good for heart health and lowers the risk of blood clots and the risk of sudden death from heart attacks. Another source of Omega-3 is canola oil.
- Salmon. Salmon will lower bad cholesterol (LDL) and triglycerides, also contains EPA and DHA are good for heart health. In order not to increase cholesterol avoid cooking with oil, use oven or burning to reduce the use of oil. Salmon fish have omega-3 to lower blood pressure, lower bad cholesterol (LDL). Salmon fish can be consumed in the form of cooking about 2 servings a week.
In addition to selected foods, fruits also have a role that is not less important to lower bad cholesterol (LDL). Here are 12 (twelve) fruits that have the usefulness of lowering cholesterol in the body. Consumption of fruits, especially those containing Vitamin C and Beta-Carotene is very necessary for diet cholesterol. The fruit in question is all kinds of berries (Strawberry, Cranberry), oranges, mangoes, grapes, guava, pomegranate, red guava, and apples.
High Cholesterol-lowering Fruits
Here are 12 (twelve) fruits that have the property of lowering high cholesterol in the body.
- Lime. Oranges contain flavonoids, which are compounds capable of inhibiting LDL production. Flavonoids are also present in tea, broccoli, tomatoes, onions lined and pomegranates.
- Guava Seeds / red guava. Guava is rich in lycopene which plays a role in controlling the production of cholesterol. Other fruits that work the same are red watermelon, red tomato, and red guava.
- Pomegranate. Pomegranates contain substances to lower blood cholesterol, and remove plaque in the bloodstream. Pomegranates increase the production of nitric oxide which helps reduce plaque in blood vessels.
- Mango. Mango has many Vitamin C which can prevent bad cholesterol oxidized that makes the plaque (accumulation) of cholesterol in the body.
- Blueberries. The types of fruits that fall into the berry category contain pterostilbene which has antioxidant functions in the body.
- Grapes. This wine has flavonoid compounds that are useful for cholesterol reduction, prevent blood clots and counteract the damage caused by the entry of free radicals. This fruit contains lots of fiber and has catechin substances that can lower cholesterol.
- Avocado. Avocados are a monounsaturated fat source, a type of fat that helps increase cholesterol (HDL) levels and decreases levels of bad cholesterol (LDL). Avocados contain beta-sitosterol a type of vegetable fat that reduces the amount of cholesterol absorbed from food. Avocado can be made for juice because in addition there are many good fats such as oleic acid, unsaturated fats, and fiber fruit that will increase good cholesterol.
- Olives. Antioxidant substances (hydroxytyrosol substances) can lower cholesterol levels in the blood but does not reduce the level of good cholesterol in the body (HDL). This fruit will have a positive effect on heart health because it contains monounsaturated fatty acids and vitamin E which will raise good cholesterol levels. We can consume at least a mixture of 2 (two) spoons of olive oil and olives mixed in the salad to raise good cholesterol in the body.
- Lemon. Lemon contains lots of Vitamin C and has a compound to reduce the production of apo-B is a type of substance that triggers the increase of cholesterol in the blood. There are also antioxidants that contribute to reducing LDL oxidants.
- Tomato. Tomatoes are a source of lycopene that will reduce bad cholesterol (LDL). Tomatoes can be eaten fresh, made juice, or eaten in the form of soup. Tomatoes are also food for chronic ulcer patients who are very helpful.
- Strawberry. Scrutinize antioxidants that can ward off bad fats (LDL) and prevent oxidation that harms the body. Many are found in mountainous gardens. More often used as a juice or eaten directly.
- Apple. Apples have beta-glucan substances that play a role in controlling the production of cholesterol. Other fruits that have the same function that can be eaten with the skin like apples and pears. The source of soluble fiber that lowers cholesterol makes the arteries harder and protects the body against heart attacks and strokes. Apples can be made apple vinegar. Apple vinegar can increase insulin sensitivity of type 2 diabetics. Regular consumption of apple vinegar will show a decrease in bad cholesterol (LDL) and increase good cholesterol (HDL). Apples are food for diabetics super powerful.
In addition to the list of fruits above, cholesterol can also be lowered with an option as a juice or an alternative drink of cholesterol-lowering from the following ingredients.
Coriander seeds. Coriander seeds can lower cholesterol levels in the body. Way, as much as 2 (two) tablespoons coriander seeds cooked with water, then the water is drunk. For health, drink 2 times a day morning and night.
Cinnamon. Cinnamon has the function of reducing blood sugar, triglycerides, excessive bad cholesterol in type 2 diabetics. A small bunch of cinnamon is boiled in a pot of water for up to 20 minutes. Pour in a glass and drink it every day. Can also be combined with green tea and black tea. Consumption of one teaspoon of cinnamon can lower cholesterol and blood sugar in people with type 2 diabetes.
Black tea. Black tea will prevent cancer cells and lower high cholesterol levels in the blood. Tea contains antioxidants that can provide a sense of calm, and prevent blood clots in the blood vessels. In addition there are many green tea containing theanine, catechin polyphenols are efficacious increase good cholesterol and prevent bad cholesterol. Enough with 4 (four) cups of tea drunk throughout the day will lower cholesterol in the body.
Broccoli Juice. These vegetables can lower cholesterol. The broccoli fiber will bind the bile acids in the gastrointestinal tract and the bladder. It can be eaten raw as a salad, soup, or sauteed mushrooms. Can be steamed to eat cooked, or can be made juice.
Juice Sanapis (Vegetable-Pineapple-Lime). Efficacious to lower cholesterol and help heart health. The three pieces are blended into one and ready to drink 2 times a day every morning and afternoon.
Ginger Rhizome. Ginger is useful to warm, comfort the body, and maintain heart health. Ginger also works to smooth blood circulation, reduce cholesterol and reduce the risk of stroke. More ginger rhizome is served for drinks. Can be a daily drink.
Olive oil. Olive oil contains a mixture of antioxidants that can suppress bad cholesterol without disturbing good cholesterol (HDL). Olive oil contains low-density lipoprotein which is useful for lowering cholesterol. The most perfect Olive Oil (original) usually contains extra virgin contained in the bottle. It is advisable to consume 2 (two) spoons of Olive oil, which can be eaten directly or combined in the form of a food menu.
All of these materials are easy to obtain and available in the environment around us. For better health, there is no harm to try.
Effect of High Cholesterol
Cholesterol levels that do not fit the normal limit is called high cholesterol. At the time of high cholesterol, cholesterol will make the arteries narrower, and make the blood flow inhibited. This will reduce the amount of blood that reaches the tissues of the body. Excess cholesterol will trigger other diseases such as:
Gallstones, and others.
Foods Trigger High Cholesterol
The trigger of high cholesterol is the intake of foods that contain lots of saturated fat, unhealthy lifestyle and balanced, wrong lifestyle and bad habits everyday. Factors that play a role are uncontrollable factors, such as talent - offspring and age.
While factors that can be controlled in between:
Lack of exercise,
Lifestyle (smoking, drinking coffee, smoking).
Many eating foods high in fat or saturated fat such as butter, biscuits, and fast food, will make cholesterol in the body high.
Foods To Avoid High Cholesterol
When the age is above 50 years need to have and maintain an unhealthy diet. Patients need to avoid saturated fats, or fat that is on red meat. Patients should avoid food:
Seafood (squid, crab, shrimp, clams, snails),
Foods containing coconut milk,
Offal of cows and goats,
Egg yolks and
Cholesterol can rise if the patient is lacking in physical activity, age factor, family history of high cholesterol. Symptoms of high cholesterol such as headaches and stiff nerves in the neck. Also do regular exercise as it will lower bad cholesterol levels and raise good cholesterol.
High Cholesterol Contributor From Processed Foods
High cholesterol contributor that is processed into foodstuffs usually comes from sources of animal products such as
Eggs and cheese.
Unsaturated fats are not only contained in animal products, but also vegetable products such as coconut milk, coconut oil and vegetable fat. Avoid foods that contain lots of fat. If you want to eat meat, choose lean meats or remove the fat first.
Avoid consumption of processed meats such as sausages, and bacon. In addition, avoid the dangerous drinks such as alcoholic beverages, beer, wine, and fermented drinks like from yeast. When we are able to balance cholesterol levels in the body it becomes very important because it will be able to lower levels of cholesterol in the body.
Tips For High Cholesterol Sufferers
People with high cholesterol need to pay attention to diet and eat cholesterol-lowering foods. High cholesterol-lowering foods can be served in the daily diet. Serving a menu with balanced nutrition, giving priority to vegetables and fruits that contain lots of fiber, is a simple solution to lower high cholesterol and bad fats from the body.
Patients should reduce the consumption of salt and sugar and fat.
Fast and potent cholesterol-lowering foods are very important for our consumption, get a list of foods low in cholesterol for daily consumption.