18 Best Nutritious Important Foods and Their Excellent Benefits For Pregnant Women - Healthy food for pregnant women should contain various nutrients to support pregnancy. In addition, food can overcome various diseases caused by deficiencies of certain nutrients such as folic acid, calcium, iron, magnesium, vitamin B6, omega 3 and protein. All foods containing these substances are very important for the health of pregnant women and prospective babies to be born.
Nutrition of Pregnant Women
What do pregnant women need for a healthy fetus?
1. Folic Acid: In order not to birth defects
2. Calcium: for bones and teeth
3. Fiber: helps digestion of pregnant women
4. Iron: to channel oxygen to the fetus
5. Protein: to build the body structure and brain
6. Omega 3: growth of organs and nerves
7. Magnesium: Reduces premature risk
8. Potassium: keep the fluid balance
9. Vitamin B6: Helps the nervous system and brain of the fetus
Here are some healthy food intake for pregnant women, best because it has very complete nutrition (per 100 gram of Presentation) :
1. Spinach (#Top Folic Acid)
Spinach becomes a very good vegetable for pregnant women. Spinach contains a variety of nutrients such as iron, folate, calcium and fiber. Fiber on spinach can help pregnant women overcome the problem of constipation and indigestion. Spinach contains vitamin C that is useful to form the immune system for pregnant women. The content of the benefits of calcium for pregnant women is very good to support the process of bone formation in the fetus. And iron in spinach can help pregnant women in the production of red blood cells. Fresh spinach is strongly recommended compared to spinach that has been stored in the refrigerator. You can cook the spinach with a mixture of carrots and a little onion.
2. Broccoli (#Top Fibers)
Broccoli becomes a very good vegetable for your pregnancy. The best way to serve broccoli is to mix it in soup preparations with a pinch of salt. Do not consume broccoli that has been stored in the refrigerator for more than 24 hours, because the nutritional content is not good for your health.
The benefits of broccoli for the health of pregnant women and infants are as follows :
1. Broccoli contains the benefits of folic acid is high enough so that it can protect the baby from spinal abnormalities and neural tube defects.
2. The content of iron in broccoli prevents anemia so that pregnant women will feel fresh and healthy throughout the day. Broccoli also contains special substances that can provide protection to infants of various types of cancer.
3. In a study conducted at Monell Chemical, it was revealed that infants who consume broccoli while still fetus can have a tendency to eat vegetables when it's big.
4. Calcium in broccoli becomes the main key to support the growth of bones, teeth and muscles. In addition broccoli is also very good for pregnant women because it can store energy during pregnancy and while breastfeeding.
3. Cabbage (#Top Calcium)
Cabbage should be included in the daily menu when you are pregnant. Cabbage for pregnant women should be cooked until cooked. Avoid consumption of raw cabbage while still pregnant because it can celebrate the fetus. But cabbage cooked in water like soup or stir-fry is very good for pregnant women.
Here are the benefits of cabbage for pregnant women and fetuses :
1. Cabbage contains calcium in amounts high enough so that it can help the process of bone formation in the fetus.
2. Iron content in cabbage is very good to encourage the formation of red blood cells and protect pregnant women from anemia.
3. Cabbage also contains folic acid is very good for keeping the fetus to not experience neural tube defects.
4. Even cabbage also contains fiber that can overcome the problem of constipation in pregnant women, but cabbage is the best source for vitamin K and vitamin C.
5. Cabbage has a very important role for pregnant women who want to apply dietary diet, because cabbage contains only about 300 calories and this corresponds to the nutritional needs of pregnant women in the second trimester and third trimester.
4. Cauliflower (#Top Potassium)
Cauliflower is a type of cabbage vegetable that has a shape like a broccoli vegetable but with a white color. Cauliflower for pregnant women can be cooked into a dish of soup or vegetable stir-fry with a mixture of other vegetables. In addition to having a delicious and crispy taste, cauliflower is also very good for pregnant women and fetal development.
Here are the benefits of cauliflower for pregnant women and fetuses.
• The content of vitamin C in 100 grams of cauliflower reaches 52.3 mg and it supports the needs of pregnant women with amount of about 80-85 mg. Vitamin C is excellent for supporting the immune system, helping pregnant women in iron absorption so as to protect pregnant women from anemia. Even vitamin C can also be an antioxidant in infants thus preventing defects and premature births.
• Cauliflower into folate is very good for pregnant women. Folate in cauliflower can help the formation of placental function and maintain fetal health during pregnancy. Cauliflower is best consumed in the first trimester.
• Calcium content in cauliflower can support the growth of bones and teeth in infants, and avoid nerve and muscle defects. Even cauliflower also contains fiber so it can prevent constipation.
5. Green Beans (#Top Folic Acid)
The benefits of our green beans need not be doubted. One type of beans are quite popular in Indonesia is known to have a high protein content. Even in Indonesia, this plant is included three main crops that are popular enough soybean and peanuts. We can easily find various processed hujau nut like porridge, cakes, cakes and various other foods. In addition to vegetable protein, other mineral deposits owned by green beans are calcium, phosphorus, and unsaturated fatty acids.
Benefits of green beans for pregnant women and fetus include :
• Consumption of green beans every day in the first trimester can reduce the risk of respiratory illness in infants.
• Green beans are an excellent source of vegetable protein for pregnant women. Green beans can reduce nausea in the first trimester. (Read also: how to cope with nausea during pregnancy)
• Green beans contain very high potassium so it is very good to support heart health in pregnant women and fetus.
Oranges are a very popular fruit for pregnant women. Sweet and sour taste in citrus fruits is often beneficial to overcome the nausea in the first trimester. More than all of it oranges contain a variety of nutrients and vitamins that are very important for the health of pregnant women.
Here are the benefits of consumption of oranges for pregnant women :
• Orange contains vitamin C that can help the mother in boosting the immune system, helping to keep the release of iron and become an essential mineral for the health system of pregnant and fetal mothers.
• Vitamin C in oranges is also very important to maintain the health of the baby's brain and protect the fetus from respiratory health problems.
• Folate in citrus proven to support the formation of red blood cells and support the development of a healthy placenta thus avoiding fetal defects.
• Oranges contain potassium and the amount of water so much that it can prevent dehydration problems in pregnant women. And fiber content in citrus fruits help pregnant women to feel full for a longer time, to prevent obesity hazard for pregnant women
Tomatoes are fresh foods that you can consume in various ways. You can mix the tomatoes in soup, salad or other dishes. You can eat raw tomatoes or cooked tomatoes. But for pregnant women who have problems with ulcer disease should not eat tomatoes.
Benefits of tomatoes for pregnant women and fetus include:
• The benefits of tomatoes for pregnant women will support the process of iron absorption of various types of foods that go into the digestive system. The role of vitamin C in tomatoes is able to absorb iron and protect pregnant women from anemia disorders.
• Tomatoes contain substances licopen that can protect body cells from damage. Lycopene is very important for pregnant women especially to protect the health of the fetus.
• Tomatoes also contain folic acid so it is very good to maintain the health of the fetus and support the formation of neural tube closure so as to prevent spina bifida defect.
8. Avocado (#Top Omega 3)
Avocado is a fruit that contains a very high amount of folic acid. Folic acid has excellent benefits for pregnant women especially to prevent the problem of neural tube defects in the fetus. You can consume avocados into juice or be eaten with cheese. It is advisable to consume avocados regularly in the second trimester.
Here are the benefits of avocado for pregnant women :
• Avocado can help pregnant women in fulfilling calcium intake. Calcium is very important for pregnant women especially to help the formation of bone, teeth and muscle system.
• Benefits of avocado for pregnant women into fruits that contain various types of vitamins are very complete. Pregnant women can get the benefits of vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K, vitamin B1, vitamin B2 and vitamin B6. Due to various types of these vitamins then the avocado is very good to overcome the problem of excessive nausea in pregnant women.
• Avocado is also rich in iron so it can prevent pregnant women from feeling tired, weak because of the production of red blood cells that go down and very high needs throughout pregnancy.
• Avocados contain lots of fiber so it is very good to prevent constipation and improve digestive function in the intestine.
• In avocados also found choline (22 mg / 100 grams) so it is very good to support brain development and nerve in the fetus.
• Avocado also helps pregnant women in lowering cholesterol and blood sugar levels are too high.
The strawberry is a very fresh fruit for pregnant women. Strawberries contain folate and vitamin C so it is very good for maintaining the health of pregnant women. Consumption of strawberries for pregnant women should be selected from fresh strawberries and washed thoroughly.
Benefits of strawberries for pregnant women and fetus include :
• Strawberries contain fiber so it can make the stomach feel full and very good for pregnant women who want to keep the weight.
• Strawberries contain vitamin C which is very good for maintaining the immune system, regulate blood pressure and prevent the fetus from heart disease.
• Manganese mineral content in strawberries is also very good to prevent various inflammatory diseases during pregnancy.
• Potassium, magnesium and vitamin K content in strawberries is very good for maintaining the bone health system in the fetus.
• iodine content in strawberries play a role to assist brain function and nervous system in infants.
10. Banana (#Top Potassium)
Bananas will be a very beneficial fruit for pregnant women and fetuses. Bananas have a sweet taste and can cope with nausea during pregnancy. Bananas can also keep the health of pregnant women from various diseases because of disorders of the digestive and immune system.
Here are the benefits of bananas for pregnant women and fetuses :
• Bananas contain lots of vitamin B6 (2.1 mg / 100 gram) so it is very useful for the development of neurotransmitters, the development of infant nerve and the formation of red blood cells for pregnant women.
• The benefits of bananas for pregnant women contain excellent potassium to keep the legs from swelling which will usually occur in the third trimester.
• Bananas can overcome various kinds of digestive and stomach disorders during pregnancy such as diarrhea and lack of liquid.
11. Papaya (#Top Potassium)
Papaya is a kind of fruit that is very good for pregnant women. Papaya fruit has a sweet and refreshing taste. Many pregnant women who avoid papaya fruit because it contains excessive sap. But papaya fruit is very important in pregnancy. The content of vitamin C in papaya fruit is very good for maintaining the health of pregnant women and can protect pregnant women from pregnancy problems of inflammatory bowel disease and diarrhea. Consumption of papaya fruit is very safe for pregnancy, but do not do during the first trimester because it can cause damage to the fetus.
12. Almond Nuts (#Top Calcium)
Almonds are one of the most excellent types of nuts for pregnant women. Almonds will be safe for pregnant women as long as it is processed in the right way. Almonds contain a wide variety of nutrients and vitamins that are essential during pregnancy. But for pregnant women who have an allergy to nuts should not consume almonds throughout pregnancy.
Here are the benefits of almonds for pregnant women and fetuses :
• Almonds contain protein, vitamin E and antioxidants are very good for maintaining the health of pregnant women and the fetus
• Almonds can maintain the intake of protein needed by pregnant women to solve carbohydrates so it is very good to keep pregnant women in order to always fit and healthy.
13. Red Beans (#Top Potassium)
Red beans can be included in the diet during pregnancy. Red beans are an excellent source of protein during pregnancy. You can consume red beans that have been processed into soup or other types of cooking.
Benefits of consumption of kidney beans during pregnancy include :
• Red beans intake of protein, vitamins and minerals so it is very good to keep organs so as not to stress and sources of nutrition for the fetus.
• Red beans contain low-fat carbohydrates and proteins that can make the caloric needs met during pregnancy.
• Red beans also contain fiber so it is very good to maintain the digestive system during pregnancy and meet the iron requirement for pregnant women.
14. Soybeans (#Top Omega 3)
Soy can be a very nutritious food for pregnant women. Soy contains high protein, folic acid and fiber intake. You can meet the needs of soybeans from various types of foods such as soy milk.
Here are the benefits of consuming soy during pregnancy :
• Soy be a source of iron and folate so it is very good to keep the production of red blood cells and prevent defects in infants.
• Soy also contains phytic acid so it is very good to prevent the body's absorption of various metals such as mercury, including food booster.
15. Sardines (#Top Omega 3)
Sardine that has been processed into canned food is very good for pregnant women. Sardines contain excellent omega 3 fatty acids that are excellent for lowering cholesterol levels during pregnancy. In addition, sardines contain all the nutrients needed during pregnancy.
Here are the benefits of sardines during pregnancy:
• Omega 3 fatty acids in sardines are excellent for supporting the growth of the brain and nerves in the fetus. In addition to omega 3 fatty acids are also very good to help the body reduce cholesterol.
• Sardines also contain vitamin A, vitamin E and vitamin D which is very good to protect the body from cell damage and maintain heart health.
• Sardines also contain vitamin D and calcium which are essential for bone and tooth formation in the fetus.
• Sardines do not compare mercury so it is safe for pregnant and fetus.
16. Cod Fish (#Top Omega 3)
Code fish is an excellent supplement for pregnant women. Coded fish that are packed into oil are generally safer to consume than fresh coded fish. The best content of cod liver oil is the unsaturated omega 3 fatty acids that are essential for maintaining the nervous system and the brain in infants.
The following are the benefits of cod consumption during pregnancy:
• The content of omega 3 fatty acids in cod is very good for maintaining eye health system and protecting pregnant women from heart disease.
• Nutritional content in cod fish prevents pregnant women from preeclampsia and food disorders to prevent birth defects.
17. Salmon Fish (Top Omega 3)
The issue of salmon that is not good for pregnant women does make a lot of pregnant women hesitate to consume salmon. But now the data about it has been much denied. Salmon fish proved to increase the intelligence of the baby since the womb. Salmon also overcomes pregnant women from malnutrition.
Here are the benefits of salmon for pregnant women:
• Salmon is a source of unsaturated omega 3 fatty acids and DHA that can strengthen intelligence and brain function. The best consumption of salmon needs to be improved during pregnancy into the second and third trimesters.
• Salmon can reduce heart health problems in pregnant women and fetuses.
• Salmon is also sufficient for the needs of so that it can help pregnant women in overcoming heart health problems.
18. Egg (#Top Protein)
Eggs become the most accessible source of food. Eggs can also be processed into various types of cuisine. Nutrients found in eggs include protein, fat, minerals and vitamins are very complete. For all pregnant women it is advisable not to consume half-cooked eggs and raw eggs. You can consume eggs throughout pregnancy.
Here are the benefits of egg consumption for pregnant women and fetuses:
• Eggs contain an excellent source of protein to keep the fetus and the source of energy for pregnant women.
• Eggs contain 12 vitamins and minerals that are very good to support the growth and brain of the baby. Even folic acid in eggs supports the baby to avoid tube and nerve defects.
• Eggs help pregnant women not to have too high cholesterol. However, it is advisable to consume egg yolk in limited quantities.
Foods to Avoid During Pregnancy
Many pregnant women are afraid to consume certain types of food for fear of fetal health. However, various types of healthy foods are highly recommended to support the growth of the fetus in the body of pregnant women. Here are some foods that are strictly prohibited during pregnancy.
• Foods and beverages that contain the danger of alcohol during pregnancy. If you have a habit of consuming foods or beverages containing alcohol should immediately stop this habit. Alcohol will enter the body of pregnant women and into the blood system that will be brought to the placenta and connected to the body of the fetus directly. This can cause health problems to the fetus such as learning difficulties, fetal defects, and behavioral problems in children.
• Various types of marine fish that contain lots of mercury. Some types of fish that are strictly forbidden include mackerel, sea tuna and shark. Mercury can enter the mother's bloodstream and carry to the fetus causing brain disorders in infants and some kidney and nervous system disorders.
• Food that is not cooked until cooked. This right can cause the fetus to become infected with toxoplasma and bacterial listeria. The consequences for the fetus are fetal defects, premature birth and death in the womb.
• Raw food. All types of raw foods are strictly prohibited for pregnant women because it can cause harmful bacteria that cause health problems to the fetus.
• Processed raw meat (beef and fish). Foods derived from raw foods can cause toxoplasmosis to disrupt, cause disabilities and high risk of pregnancy. Some foods that are strictly prohibited for pregnant women include sashimi, sushi and all foods from raw shellfish.
• Half-cooked eggs and raw eggs. All types of foods that contain half-cooked and raw eggs are very prohibited for pregnant women because it can cause health problems to the fetus.
That's explanation about 18 Best Nutritious Important Foods and Their Excellent Benefits For Pregnant Women, The selection of food for pregnant women should be done very thoroughly. You can choose the type of food that is well consumed in every part of the trimester suitable for the needs of the fetus and pregnant women. Also try to process your own food because proper and proper processing is very healthy for your fetus, Do not forget to Share with your friends.